AKA the Trailfinder General. Likes big wheels and bouncy bikes. Writes words and wields a camera. Often found Instagramming someone at the top of a hill or lying in a ditch.
3. Day job?
Copywriting and marketing bike stuff.
4. What was your first mountain bike?
1992 DiamondBack Sorrento. Black and red zebra stripes. Cromo. 21 speeds and Shimano Altus drivetrain. Went faster down the woods than my BMX. Instant love.
5. What bikes do you own currently?
Specialized Stumpjumper EVO 29 and an Islabike Beinn 29. And about a dozen random old bikes at any one time that I refurbish and flog on.
6. What is your favourite trail around Ramsbottom?
Red Brook horseshoe. Mainly because it feels so remote yet you can still see Manchester Deansgate!
7. What is your favourite album? And/or favourite artist?
Most played album is ‘Friends & 20/20’ by the Beach Boys. Favourite artist is probably De La Soul.
8. What was the best gig you’ve ever been to?
The White Stripes at Manchester Roadhouse.
9. What’s your current tipple of choice?
Anchor Steam Beer.
10. Why do you ride bikes?
I always have. I can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t ride a bike. What I like best about riding is dancing down a flowing bit of sheeptrack singletrack.
11. What does NG mean to you?
It’s a celebration of riding pushbikes off-the-road on Pennine fells. It’s also advance notice to the wider world that mountain biking has come back with a vengeance and will never die.
12. What are you looking forward to most about NG?
13. What else besides bikes are you interested in?
Photography. Music. Coffee. Trainers. Fell running (good for finding trails). Local history (also mainly for helping me unearth new trails!)
14. What tyres for Ramsbottom?
Can’t go wrong with a pair of Specialized Butchers.